Disinfecting refers to the act of using chemicals to eliminate germs on surfaces and objects. According to a survey from Apartment Guide, many people are more annoyed by clutter than dirt—highlighting the uninformed nature of disinfecting and the importance of doing so.
In fact, a study from the Cleaning Institute shows 42 percent of people aren’t cleaning properly. Citing that most people understand the basic necessity of taking out the garbage and doing dishes, but aren’t aware of disinfecting products.
According to the CDC, water, disinfectants, and hygiene practices can prevent at least 9% of the global disease burden and 6% of global deaths. Those who have access to adequate cleaning supplies should do their part in helping eliminate the spread of unwanted pathogens.
Bacoban products have been implemented across many industry sectors such as the aerospace industry, transportation, medical, manufacturing, and much more. Below we will highlight how these cleaning disinfectants are applied to these industries and what their purpose is.
Why Are Disinfectants Important Across Every Industry?
As shown by the COVID-19 pandemic, contaminants and pathogens are constantly evolving. Viruses mutate, new pathogens come and go, and people’s reactions to particular germs vary from one another. Disinfectants and hygiene play a critical role across every industry to help eliminate the spread of pathogens.
A pathogen is defined as a bacterium, virus, or microorganism that can cause disease. The four main pathogen types include viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites. Viruses can’t be eliminated with antibiotics, while bacteria, fungi, and parasites can be eliminated with certain antibiotics and treatments.
- HIV and Aids
- Yellow Fever
- Strep Throat
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Food Poisoning
- Lyme Disease
- Yeast infections
- Athlete’s Foot
- Jock Itch
- Fungal Nail Infections
- Intestinal Worms
Proper disinfection and cleanliness have been shown to help lessen these potential pathogens from being spread from one person to another. Bacoban products guarantee killing 99.99% of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
Aerospace is a widely-known sector for making it easy for pathogens to spread easily in aircraft with people so close together. Disinfection procedures are implemented to prevent the spread of pathogens and diseases, with disinfection procedures especially being turned up due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Most airlines focus on the interior of planes with a heavy focus on where people are in their seats. A plane’s exterior is cleaned quite frequently since airlines want their planes to appear clean from the outside when people view them.
- Bacoban is approved by Boeing, Bombardier, and Airbus for aircraft use and is extensively tested for use inside and outside aircraft.
- Bacoban DLUS is approved for use in hospitals and health care facilities.
- Bacoban will not damage expensive medical equipment, under normal use.
Transportation options have exploded over the last century, with Uber and other ride-sharing services taking off as of late. For example, in 2019, Uber’s revenue in the fourth quarter of 2019 increased 37% to $4 billion from a year ago, showing how fast the industry is growing.
As a result of strangers going in and out of public transportation and ride-sharing services, disinfecting is a critical part of preventing workers and the public from spreading pathogens.
- Luxury car dealerships and detailers use Bacoban to give their customers peace of mind.
Medicine and Health
Many hospitals follow a strict disinfection guideline since sanitation and sterilization are of upmost importance in many treatment settings. Health centers have also taken up the practice of placing disinfectants around the facility even before Covid-19.
- Bacoban products don’t damage gym equipment or cardio machines under normal use.
- Bacoban disposable wipes are convenient and can be easily used in recreational facilities such as gyms, and sports facilities.
A recent survey from the Atomik Research on behalf of Filtrete found 20% of people only deep clean their homes every six months. Another 30% admitted to not cleaning in areas out of arm’s reach, while 54% believed indoor air quality is as good or better than outdoor air quality. The survey shows the importance of people disinfecting their homes more regularly.
Common home areas needing regular cleaning:
- The Kitchen
- Home Office
- Living Room
- Personal Items
- Knobs, Handles, and Switches
- Makeup Bags
The construction and manufacturing industry are probably the first that come to mind when thinking of pollutants
These industries also rely on utilizing vehicles and heavy machinery that tend to be neglected from a hygiene perspective. Still, more construction sites and various other industrial workplaces are implementing more disinfecting solutions to keep their workers safe.
- Bacoban 123 Cleaner and Disinfectant is ideal for industrial use by killing 99.99% of viruses, bacteria, and fungi and also preventing the growth of bacteria, mold, and mildew by creating a hygienic surface.
Farming is a vital area for cleanliness and disinfectants since it’s where food is cultivated and exported. Many massive industrial farms neglect the importance of disinfectants, but smaller farms have taken steps to ensure they’re doing the best they can within their industry.
- Bacoban is approved for food processing use.
- Bacoban products do not damage metals, vinyl, or plastics.
- Bacoban has no harsh chemical odor or unhealthy vapors.
- Bacoban is water-based and rapidly biodegradable.
Hospitality and Food Services
Hospitality and food services are two critical areas for proper disinfecting practices with stringent regulations and standards with governmental enforcement if not abided by. Spoiled food and residual grease can emit unwanted pathogens into the air, causing potential health issues for workers and customers.
- Bacoban is approved for food processing use and also won’t damage expensive furniture under normal use. Most restaurants currently use two separate products for the front of the house and the back of the house, but Bacoban is safe for all purposes.
Studies have shown most children experience six to eight colds a year, mainly because they’re not as conscious of proper hygiene as adults. Furthermore, schools require a significant amount of disinfectants to ensure kids are safe when they go home.
- Bacoban has no harsh chemical odor or harmful vapors
- Zero Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Can be used to clean electronic devices like tablets and ipads, under normal use.
Where To Purchase Disinfectant Wipes and Cleaner
Bacoban products embody innovative health, hygiene, and wellness. Their products are easy to use and kills 99.99% of bacteria, viruses, and fungi while creating a hygienic surface without emitting VOCs.